Ran into a poser - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Roogger View Post
    When I entered dep in late 2000, you could enlist as e-1, during dep help the recruiters and if you recruited someone you got e-2 and then if you were the platoon guide you got a meritious promotion would make you e-3. There wasn't a way to enlist as an e-3 though. I know the if you sign up in the army as an e-1 though you missed out, just about everyone goes in as at least e-2.
    That's how it was when I was in Boot Camp in 1987, except I think you had to recruit three people to get E-2 on graduation and if you were a squad leader or guide, you could get promoted to E-2 if you weren't already and E-3 if you were already going to be an E-2 on graduation.

There was also a way you could get dress blues in your contract, but I don't remember how that was. I had a buddy who had them in his contract and never did get them as far as I know.

While we're on the poser topic, does anyone know anything about this guy:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/nomorenarcissism
    claims to be an officer

Quote Originally Posted by Roogger View Post
    When I entered dep in late 2000, you could enlist as e-1, during dep help the recruiters and if you recruited someone you got e-2 and then if you were the platoon guide you got a meritious promotion would make you e-3. There wasn't a way to enlist as an e-3 though. I know the if you sign up in the army as an e-1 though you missed out, just about everyone goes in as at least e-2.
    I believe everyone enlists as an E-1, as they have to group you there for pay purposes. Anyways, we had guys who had been in the Army that graduated as E-3. I don't know if they got E-3 pay the whole time, but depending on how you look at it, they did enlist as an E-3.

Quote Originally Posted by MD8724 View Post
    I believe everyone enlists as an E-1, as they have to group you there for pay purposes. Anyways, we had guys who had been in the Army that graduated as E-3. I don't know if they got E-3 pay the whole time, but depending on how you look at it, they did enlist as an E-3.
    I remember guys leaving boot camp as E-2 and E-3, but I have no idea what their date of rank was. I know none of us got paid there until we left. In 1987, they didn't pay us anything until right before graduation. Then, we got a check for $925, which we had to cash there and turn around and buy plane tickets home and to our next duty station (school).

We got paid while we were at the school. I think the base pay for an E-1 with less than four months in was $590 a month and I got a check for $237 on the first and 15th. It wasn't until after the school that we got our pay settled. For me, that was about four months after I left boot camp. I wonder if the guys who were contract E-2 and E-3 had it the same way.

Our guide graduated an E-3, prior Air Force SNCO, in the same series we had another guide who graduated a Cpl., during the graduation practice they explained it to us, he was a prior Army Officer.

Thread Information