Here let me post something a little more worth while

This is Discrimination

Why is it when
    your wife Becomes pregnant,
    all her female friends rub her tummy
    and say "congratulations.”

but none of them rub your
    dick and say "well done"
    Now that makes a good point. Very well put ED.

Report: USMC knew of tainted wells

CAMP LEJEUNE, N.C., Oct. 18 (UPI) --U.S. Marine Corps officials received warnings of tainted drinking wells at Camp Lejeune, N.C., four years before closing them, documents indicate.

Citing a review of Marine Corps documents, the St. Petersburg (Fla.) Times reported Friday that USMC officials began receiving warnings of industrial solvents in the base's drinking water in 1980 but sent out misleading information to service members, regulators and the public before eventually closing the wells in 1984.

The newspaper said the Marines failed to inform regulators about storage tanks that were leaking 1,500 gallons of fuel per month, and its claim that it had to verify the contamination's source before closing the wells is contradicted by a report showing that confirmation came in 1982 -- two years before wells were shut.

Advocates claim as many as 1 million people may have been exposed to tainted water at Camp Lejeune during a 30-year period ending in 1987.

"The Marine Corps has worked, is working, and will continue to work with those agencies who are seeking to find the answers that our Marines and our families deserve," Marine Corps spokesman Capt. Brian Block told [BULL****!] the newspaper.

Hey Doc..... you planning on taking over as the rebel of the site? You have been asked to fill out your profile like the rest of us have. Didn't seem like a hard thing to ask.

This is so sad..... For both parties. He doesn't listen and fill out the profile, but some people are more concerned about him filling out the damn profile than what he has to say. Doc, fill out the profile, Marine1955, yes, you signed to do a damn job, doesn't mean you have to be apathetic and be a martyr, no one's trying to take away from you what you did for your country. If you served during that time frame, take a look, if not, this thread really isn't for you.

Stone.... this really is old news. Good news to know but still old even to this site.

Seems more like he is a lobyist.

Quote Originally Posted by 0331 2 0369 View Post
    Hey Doc..... you planning on taking over as the rebel of the site? You have been asked to fill out your profile like the rest of us have. Didn't seem like a hard thing to ask.
    I grew up in Stone Mountain, Georgia before it was overrun with affirmative action savages. So I would rightly be classified a 'Rebel,' by birth, and proudly so. There is another 'Civil War' on the horizon. I hope you all are as prepared as I am. I'll use what I learned from the Marines to defend my life, family, and neighbors from enemies domestic when that time comes.

I'll get around to the profile in due time Marine. Working on securing my medical records at present. Also calling the U.S. senators and congressmen that [are supposed to] represent this area and let them know that I expect them to do the right thing. It's about priorities.

By the way, I've got at least three boxes of slides that I took while at Camp LeJeune. One box was taken while we were out in the field and during at least one force march. Haven't seen them in years but found them as I was searching for records.

I submit the following for your consideration. This is what motivated my original post here. From the website 'The Few, The Proud, The Forgotten.' http://www.tftptf.com

Now is the Time! Get Involved!

Everyone now needs to contact their U. S. Congressional Senators and Representatives and ask them to support senators Burr and Hagans initiatives related to Camp Lejeune! The Department of the Navy and the United States Marine Corps knows full well that they were in violation of their own regulations and they refuse to admit to that "short fall" in their version of this saga. They are guilty and they know it, we need congress to drive this message home........Jerry Ensminger
    If you wish to help your fellow Marines, Navy, and civilian personnel you can locate your federal senators and congressmen at the following website. You need only enter an address and it will return the appropriate names and contact information.

Easily locate your U.S. congressmen here:
    http://www.visi.com/juan/congress/

I'm in fair health but have heart problems and mysterious tumors that I am certain are caused by the contaminated water I drank at CL. These are but two of the medical issues I have, and am, dealing with at this time.

I am not going to wait until I'm on my death bed to see that all Camp LeJeune veterans are properly compensated and given all appropriate medical care. Now is the time to get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyCorpsman View Post
    No one signed up to be poisoned. That wasn't part of the deal. Go ahead and be a martyr if that's what you think it's all about but the rest of us with a brain are going to fight for VA compensation and medical care that is rightly due us.
    [emphasis added]

And there's the rub.

Stone.... this really is old news. Good news to know but still old even to this site.

Seems more like he is a lobyist.
    It might be old news but it's now becoming a main stream issue. The major networks are carrying stories now. The Senate held hearings week before last. There is a bill now in Congress to provide care for those of us who were poisoned.

I'm not a 'lobbyist,' I'm a former Navy Corpsman who lived in the 2/6 barracks for about a year. I drank, bathed in, and ate food, prepared with contaminated water. I now suffer medical problems related to that water.

Why is this so hard for some of you to understand?

Quote Originally Posted by Bdchi1 View Post
    [emphasis added]

And there's the rub.
    Are you saying that you think it's wrong to fight for benefits after being poisoned with industrial solvents while on active duty? I have private medical insurance that I pay for myself each month since I work for myself. If it's found out that I was exposed to the water at Camp LeJeune my medical insurance will likely be canceled. It's happened to other former CL personnel.

It might be old news but it's now becoming a main stream issue. The major networks are carrying stories now. The Senate held hearings week before last. There is a bill now in Congress to provide care for those of us who were poisoned.

I'm not a 'lobbyist,' I'm a former Navy Corpsman who lived in the 2/6 barracks for about a year. I drank, bathed in, and ate food, prepared with contaminated water. I now suffer medical problems related to that water.

Why is this so hard for some of you to understand?

It's not hard to understand. Some of us spent a he11 of a lot more time there than you but you come on here like a crusader out to save the world and damned anyone that doesn't jump on your band wagon. And can you prove that your current med problems are directly related to that water? I have medical issues to but there hasn't been enough studies conducted to directly link the water to everyone's problems. If you have a doc that can directly link your problems to the water, good for you. But so far the only issues directly related to that water doesn't affect a large majority of people that drank it. They still have a long ways to go with their studies.

It's not hard to understand. Some of us spent a he11 of a lot more time there than you but you come on here like a crusader out to save the world and damned anyone that doesn't jump on your band wagon. And can you prove that your current med problems are directly related to that water? I have medical issues to but there hasn't been enough studies conducted to directly link the water to everyone's problems. If you have a doc that can directly link your problems to the water, good for you. But so far the only issues directly related to that water doesn't affect a large majority of people that drank it. They still have a long ways to go with their studies.
    The world doesn't want to be saved and many here aren't interested either. One would think that former Marines would want to do whatever they could to help other Marines who are ill or dying get the proper treatment they rightly deserve.

The studies are only a means of delaying the compensation and care for those affected. They want us to die off like the Agent Orange victims and when most are gone they'll finally do the right thing. But by that time it will be to late.

I won't waste any more of my [or your] time here. Go back to your beer and ballgames, talking about pussy, the 'glory days' of your youth, the 'Corps,' or whatever the **** you talk about here. You're of little value to the cause of righting the wrong that took place over a 30 year time span at Camp LeJeune.

The world doesn't want to be saved and many here aren't interested either. One would think that former Marines would want to do whatever they could to help other Marines who are ill or dying get the proper treatment they rightly deserve.

The studies are only a means of delaying the compensation and care for those affected. They want us to die off like the Agent Orange victims and when most are gone they'll finally do the right thing. But by that time it will be to late.

I won't waste any more of my [or your] time here. Go back to your beer and ballgames, talking about pussy, the 'glory days' of your youth, the 'Corps,' or whatever the **** you talk about here. You're of little value to the cause of righting the wrong that took place over a 30 year time span at Camp LeJeune.
    Can't make claims with the VA unless it has been directly related to something that occured during your tour of service. Even you should be able to figure that out. Oh yeah, I am still in my glory days of my youth, I like to talk about slit tails and the Corps. And I do care about my fellow Marines but you can't claim something without proof. By the looks of things, maybe you should take your crusade elsewhere. Oh, one more thing, Thanks for reminding us to keep up with the latest info on this topic. Bye

Can't make claims with the VA unless it has been directly related to something that occured during your tour of service. Even you should be able to figure that out. Oh yeah, I am still in my glory days of my youth, I like to talk about slit tails and the Corps. And I do care about my fellow Marines but you can't claim something without proof. By the looks of things, maybe you should take your crusade elsewhere. Oh, one more thing, Thanks for reminding us to keep up with the latest info on this topic. Bye
    I know of one Marine who was just designated a 30% disability based on "water contamination at Camp LeJeune." That's what the VA determined in his case. His record reflected that he would be 100% within one year.

Here's what Mr. Bradley Mayes, Director, Compensation and Pension Services, Veterans' Benefits, said before Senate hearings as to what a claim needed to be approved based on water contamination:

His answer was

1. proof of the illness
    2. proof of service at Camp Lejeune
    3. a nexus statement showing that there is a link between your illness and the contaminants.

3. a nexus statement showing that there is a link between your illness and the contaminants.
    And there is the problem. There hasn't been enough studies do to show exactly what ailments are related to this issue. I guess you can take a stab in the dark. Doesn't mean you will hit something everytime.

Here's the 1st thread on this topic located in Sick Bay Commandos....original post is dated 3/10/09
    http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=80422

I know there where about 2 others, but I guess they must've been a bit old that they eventually got deleted by falling back to the last page of the forums that they were in.

Thread Information