MCT question!!
Create Post

Thread: MCT question!!

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

MCT question!!

hello everyone I'm new here so Idk where to put this new topic.. so excuse me if this is no the right place

Ok my question is My boyfriend left yesterday for MCT and he took his phone with him. I have found his MCT matrix online and it says he gets lib on sundays so I was wondering if it was ok for him to use his phone to call home or if he would get in trouble for using it or even bringing it in the first place. Also it says they get 2 weekends off is that true?

He wanted me to write him but I have no clue where can I get his address from.. any idea?

He is at Camp Pendelton right now!

Sorry for all the questions but TIA

Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    what coast did he go to mct on? because when i was at mct in lejeune we didnt get weekends off, we didnt have any electronics, and we got one sunday off and that was the last sunday we were there. but that was just east coast tho.

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by avenger08 View Post
    what coast did he go to mct on? because when i was at mct in lejeune we didnt get weekends off, we didnt have any electronics, and we got one sunday off and that was the last sunday we were there. but that was just east coast tho.
    This was the same for my son. I don't think he can have a cell.

It depends on his MCT company. In my company, on the east coast, cell phones were forbidden and Marines got in a lot of trouble if they were caught with them.

I have buddies who came from different companies on the east coast, though, who said they were allowed to have them and only use them at night.

It is different for every company, and even for every platoon.

In terms of the letter writing, he will send his address out the first few days he is there. It will go to his parents. I suggest you ask them to give you the address when they receive it.

But I wouldn't put too much stock on the mail system, as nothing is timely at all.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by avenger08 View Post
    He is on the west coast.. Camp Pendelton..

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by JWDevilDog View Post
    It depends on his MCT company. In my company, on the east coast, cell phones were forbidden and Marines got in a lot of trouble if they were caught with them.

I have buddies who came from different companies on the east coast, though, who said they were allowed to have them and only use them at night.

It is different for every company, and even for every platoon.

In terms of the letter writing, he will send his address out the first few days he is there. It will go to his parents. I suggest you ask them to give you the address when they receive it.

But I wouldn't put too much stock on the mail system, as nothing is timely at all.
    SO it is kinda like boot. where his parents got the official letter etc.. will his company and plt change?

when they get lib on sundays can they use a pay phone?

Back in the day, when I was an instructor for MCT, East Coast, we did not allow cell phones and other electronic devices. Chances are he will be very busy with training and stuff. On the weekend, He will be able to use the Pay phones and possible his cell, if they did not confiscate it.

About the letter. Hold off on the letter. He will be ready to leave for his MOS school before it may arrive. MCT is only a short amount of time and then he will be off to another school. It may get lost in the sauce.

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader20 View Post
    Back in the day, when I was an instructor for MCT, East Coast, we did not allow cell phones and other electronic devices. Chances are he will be very busy with training and stuff. On the weekend, He will be able to use the Pay phones and possible his cell, if they did not confiscate it.

About the letter. Hold off on the letter. He will be ready to leave for his MOS school before it may arrive. MCT is only a short amount of time and then he will be off to another school. It may get lost in the sauce.

This was my case.

Credits
    Savings
    Alright! Thank you guys!

I'll let him know about the letter as soon as he contacts me.. if he is allowed to..

Thank you again for your help.. it has been really helpful

I just graduated from MCT at Camp Pendleton.

We were allowed to keep our phones when we got there but where only allowed to use them during liberty which was Saturday and Sunday. During the weekend you are allowed to use cell phones/electronics but it must be secured at the end of liberty or you will get it taken away. Several people used their phones at night and several of those people had them taken away until graduation.

Mail wise, I wouldn't really recommend it because to be quite honest you aren't there long enough and like those said before me the mail system there is pretty erratic. Just settle for getting a phone call on the weekend where he can let you know about all the cool stuff he did that week.

Hope that helps out a little bit, if you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Stromberg View Post
    I just graduated from MCT at Camp Pendleton.

We were allowed to keep our phones when we got there but where only allowed to use them during liberty which was Saturday and Sunday. During the weekend you are allowed to use cell phones/electronics but it must be secured at the end of liberty or you will get it taken away. Several people used their phones at night and several of those people had them taken away until graduation.

Mail wise, I wouldn't really recommend it because to be quite honest you aren't there long enough and like those said before me the mail system there is pretty erratic. Just settle for getting a phone call on the weekend where he can let you know about all the cool stuff he did that week.

Hope that helps out a little bit, if you have any other questions feel free to ask.
    Thank you so much my bf just called me this morning and said exactly what you told me.. Also he said i can visit him on the weekends..

Ty again

Just a quick note, on the papers I've received telling me about MCT and what to bring and such, it says you can bring your cellphone, but that it would be secured most of the time. This is East Coast though. Best of luck to your boyfriend. I head to MCT in 10 days unless I obtain recruiters assistance.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by dizark View Post
    Just a quick note, on the papers I've received telling me about MCT and what to bring and such, it says you can bring your cellphone, but that it would be secured most of the time. This is East Coast though. Best of luck to your boyfriend. I head to MCT in 10 days unless I obtain recruiters assistance.
    Yup that's right.. he said his phone is secured during the weeks and he can use it on the weekends during lib..

Good luck at MCT and enjoy the 10 days leave they go by so fast

Thread Information